Friday, February 09, 2007

Cold Turkey not wild turkey...

My name is Mudflapgypsy and I am an addict.

I have weaned myself off my drug of choice after I tried going cold turkey. That was pretty horrible. Nasty, nasty headaches, irritability. Yuk.

I was addicted to caffeine and my delivery vehicle was coffee.

Hell, I miss being able to have a coffee when I am out in a cafe. Dagnabbit.
I am now drinking many cups of decaff coffee when I get home from work. Talk about a habit.
I love the taste. Americano, black coffee, coffee with enough milk to just make it turn a dark brown, espresso...aaaaaahhhh. Coffee sweets, coffee flavoured chocolate...coffee cake, butter cream icing and walnuts too.

You get the picture.

I am kind of cheating though, I have been eating roasted peanuts encased in chocolate and covered in a crispy sugary casing. Yum. Still cheating though. ( not saying dagnabbit again as that really would be gratuitous). When I was but a nipper they were called "Peanut Treats" and I loved them. I have to make do with their modern incarnation. Still magic though.

I have also stopped drinking alcohol. Thankfully I didn't consume it on the same scale as coffee.

I miss beer. I mean real beer not laaaaaaaager. Stout too. sigh.
I miss having wine with dinner at the weekends.
Still, it is all going to be good for my health. I am sleeping really well, which is good. When I do have a coffee or a drink of alcohol again I will be bamboozled very quickly.

I was able/daft enough to drink a pot of coffee before lunch at weekends. That really cannot be good for the health. Can't be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bank Of Doge said...

keep up the good work old boy. one day at a time and all that.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

You better believe it.
Thinking of falling off the wagon briefly for Easter. Apparently I will have been off long enough that I will have built up enough credit for lent for the next 3 yrs. Nice.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next