Friday, February 02, 2007

D200

Well, whoop de doo, I am now much lighter of pocket and an owner of a camera that has a small novel as an instruction manual. I have been "futering" ( have I spelt that correctly?) with the camera for a few hours over the past couple of nights. Since I have been a luddite I have to learn new techniques of doing things, no more twist the dial and set the flash by twisting it's dial. It's all multi function buttons and menus. It isn't that I am not used to these things, try programming a synthesizer via a single row LCD display with multiple screens, now that is taxing. Still, it will be a wee while until I feel comfortable and confident enough to use it on a paying job. I have my Sister's wedding to scan and clean in photochop which has been on the back burner for a few years now ( I was NOT the official photographer-I bowed out of that one thankfully ). Oops digressing again..

The camera is great, I got the battery grip for it too. Makes it feel more secure in my hands, which is good. The 10 million pixels make for a sizeable image onscreen before the pixels are visible. I have 20 free prints at Jessops online service to try out but these will be 6 by 4. I need to get LARGE prints made to see what this camera is really capable of.
I need to see if it will give my Mamiya RB67 a run for it's money, what am I thinking.....of course it won't. I got it so that I can supply photos on disc quickly to clients rather than the to-ing and fro-ing from the lab. As I said before, I don't really have easy access to an E6 lab anymore which is a problem for deadlines. Hopefully the D200 will solve this, any medium format work won't be to strict deadlines as I need time for lab access.
Apart from the family pics tomorrow I hope to get out into the landscape on Sunday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great post - looking forward to seeing some of your pics. I'm a D50 user myself and desperately considering upgrading in the not too far off future, I hope! BTW, I've blogrolled you - just stumbled across your site this afternoon and like your style!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Sinead, I am well chuffed. I though i had been talking to the wall!! cheers for the link I shall of course reciprocate.

I just bought an Olympus OM1 for my sister in law so she learn the hard way like I did.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next