Saturday, December 01, 2007

Lentil and spinach pasta with garlic and chile

This is for Hails.

Ingredients:

Puy lentils. I cook loads of them and freeze them in bags. You could use green lentils or brown lentils but not the skinned brown ones they would cook down to mush too fast, I think. Tinned would be grand.

Spinach. I used fresh but frozen is just as good. Defrost frozen ingredients first, eh?

Onion.

Garlic.

Chile flakes/ dried chiles.

Pasta. I used conchigle as it fills with the lentils etc.

Right.

Chop up an onion finely.

Chop up a garlic clove.

Use 2 small dried chiles and chop them up. Use seeds as well.
Alternatively use a pinch or two of chile flakes.

Fry off the onion and garlic in some olive oil.

When the onion and garlic are cooked soft, add the chile and then the lentils.

Of course you have had your pasta cooking whilst doing all this.

Chop up your spinach and add to the onion pan as your pasta is very nearly ready.

Drain the pasta and add to the "sauce" when the spinach has wilted.

Add a lump of butter. (Knob is just so rude, don't you think?)

Stir so the pasta is coated in the "sauce".

Plate and EAT.

Very. Very. Tasty.

Takes no time at all to make, really as long as it takes the pasta to cook.

Not my original recipe but I have no idea where I got it from.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. Thank you! I'm always on the look-out for new recipes as I live off pasta! I will be trying this for my tea tomorrow night...

11:55 PM  
Blogger Manuel said...

mmmmmmmmmm that would go well on the side of a .....well you know...I might make that on Tuesday night.....might

12:30 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Manny: Go on say it, say MEAT.
Feel better now?

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next