Friday, November 16, 2007

Someone who'll watch over me

SPOILER ALERT ! Possibly........

I went to this play in the lyric on Wednesday night.
Very good indeed. That is me culturally replete for a while now.
My favourite line in the play, the derogatory line about Strabane aside, has to be-

" I'm Sam Peckinpah....this is a gun.....you're dead."

Made me laugh out loud.
Some parts made me fill up. Powerful stuff.
I think I'll add Frank McGuinness to my list of favourite playwrights.
He joins David Mamet and Conor McPherson on the list.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manuel said...

what was the Strabane line? Seriously they have a lot to work with there......not in strabane obviously......

12:57 PM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

I can't remember the Strabane line.
Got a big laugh though.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next