Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday philosophy

I have decided, a few weeks ago in fact, to change my negative thinking and embrace positivity.
Instead of constantly reacting to outside factors I plan my day before I get out of bed and focus on certain things I want in life.

Though the possibility exists of complete self delusion, I do believe it's working.
This please me greatly and family have noticed my new postive outlook on life.
Sitting at home with pneumonia after a month of feeling bloody awful made me think that maybe my attitude was shaping my reality.

Over the years I have read volumes of books on this subject and recently some friends passed on the names of some more. I read them, dismissed one as having the grain of "truth" but being a conglomeration of quantum physics ideas and new agey bullshit. The other laid off the physics and concentrated more on how only the individual can manifest their own reality.

Nothing new here at all really. Coinciding with getting pneumonia I felt I needed a positive direction to this big adventure.

Well, I've been in a great mood for a while now, most unusual, and I enjoy it.

I was the kid in hospital reading a book called "Cosmic Consciousness" at the age of 14.

Destiny? ;-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it all sounds very jolly. Or has your blog been the subject of a non-hostile takeover?

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You read The Secret, didnt you?

3:10 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

No takeover, I'd fight them until my last breath 'blade.

'boxer, you got it. I initially dismissed it as yet more new agey crap but I suppose grains of wisdom can be found in the most unlikely of places. I have read other books of this ilk ( many ) and this is the latest in a long line. As ever I am still a cynic and do think that some parts of it are crap but the basic premise is good.

I read a book espousing the same ideals a long time ago and can't remember the title. All I remember is that it had a gold cover and was a slim book. The things I focussed on then all came to pass. All of them.

I dislike all the hype around anything and this usually makes me avoid stuff but I gave the secret a go. We'll see how it goes.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Manuel said...

Happiness- over rated.....

12:21 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Manny,
"I've been down so goddamned long that it looks like up to me."

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next