Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm only here for the beer

I spent Friday afternoon with some colleagues . We went to the beer festival.
Being a lover of nice beer it was odd that this was my first ever visit.
There was so much choice I had no idea where to start.

A scan through the list of beers had me alight on one I had sampled on a trip to Edinburgh in Milne's pub to be precise. The beer in question is called Thrappledouser.
It was lovely in Edinburgh. Not so in Belfast, a bit wishy washy ( technical term ) in my opinion.

I tried a few beers...my favourites out of that selection were Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild - very nice indeed, could have sank a few pints of this. Old Growler- a stout that had me chewing it was so tasty. Dragon's Fire was just alright. Flash Harry was like dishwater, even though I cannot remember ever tasting dishwater. I thought the taste notes sounded promising, don't believe the hype, blech.

It was funny with five of us there and not everyone having the same taste. Some were lager drinkers and I do think they were quite unhappy but not about to admit it in front of the "lads".


I think that the beer festival will bear a repeat visit next year. I was well impressed.
MMMmmmm....beer.....

I have just discovered that I can order a "wine box" type contraption of 20 litres of Old Growler direct from the brewery, result!

Check the link.

Hahahahahahahahaha......I love christmas, me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

inspiring... mmm... beer

7:55 PM  
Blogger Manuel said...

they are doing some quality German gear in the grounds of the city hall at the moment. Did you grow a beard before you went to the festival or have you one already?

1:55 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Manny, yes, I have a short beard at the moment. I was also called a beard for possessing some knowledge about beer by one of my colleagues.
I took it to be a compliment.

Should I affect an air of haughty gallic disinterest when sampling wine?

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next