Thursday, August 02, 2007

Rough and tumble

Whitegoods.

Can't live without them, eh?

The tumble dryer stopped heating. No major problem as the weather is conducive to outdoor drying at present, though with the rain it takes a wee bit longer.

I had a look at the heating unit and tested all the components with a multimeter (not even a pretty face...). One of the thermostats was fried. Yippee, I thought, a small component costing pennies to replace.

Sorted.

Or so I thought. The component can only be bought in bulk. Serious bulk.

Crap. The only option now is to replace the entire heater assembly.

Quotes range from £30 to £60.
For exactly the same thing.

Guess which one I just bought.
Skinflint that I am, or is that financially prudent?( gotta be careful I don't sound Like Gordon),
I went for the cheaper option.

Here's hoping it gets here by the weekend, what with an alleged postal strike in progress.

3 Comments:

Blogger Manuel said...

Today my cooker went pop and a radiator fell of the wall. Which was a bit worrying...

But I just closed the door to the kitchen and all was ok again...

1:26 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Heehee...

It is all fine until you need to use the cooker again too. I suggest going out to eat from now on.

The part arrived and was fitted in a couple of minutes. Sorted. Now, do I charge myself VAT and who do I make the cheque payable to?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Manuel said...

It is all fine until you need to use the cooker again too

as I have just discovered, bollocks bollocks bollocks...

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next