Saturday, June 30, 2007

Going for gold

I have taken up archery as a relaxing pastime.
Something to focus my mind, to get "into the zone" as it were.
It works.

I really, really enjoy it.

Last night, for the first 45 mins, I was shooting exceptionally well (compared to my previous form ,that is). Then my bow arm shoulder got tired and my aim went.
Still, for 45 mins I was there, nothing but me and the target. The way it should be.
Now I have to go and figure out a way to strengthen my shoulder and arm sufficiently.

I had been visualizing all last week. It seems to have worked.
More mental discipline needed methinks.

Now playing- Bad Brains "Sailin' on".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next