Thursday, October 11, 2007

Daydreamin'

Here I am, sitting in an office with only half the usual amount of people working in it today. It is too warm, has been all year. A “constant” temperature that hovers between 23 and 29 degrees Celsius. Yes, I know, this is illegal but the normal rules don’t seem to apply for this health and safety stuff in here.

I digress, the heat must be getting to me, I am searching for a suitable metaphor, in the meantime I’ll go get some coffee (decaff-only the real stuff when I am out on my travels).

That’s better and since some colleagues are away I can train a fan towards me without bothering anyone else.

Ah, metaphors. Much as I do enjoy the dayjob I have been feeling that a certain challenge, creative fulfillment and self determination is missing in my life. Hence my searching for a suitable metaphor such as feeling lost at sea or something like that. Well, you get the picture so far, eh?

I really do feel the need to be master of my own destiny, going freelance as a photographer would give me that sense of freedom (whether real or no). I am aware that in doing so I would be a total slave to the mortgage and would have to relinquish such luxuries such as holidays and sick leave. No such thing when you work for yourself. Still, I am most definitely heading in that direction. The dayjob does provide satisfaction in some areas and absolute frustration in others.
Careful planning with regards to finances and lifestyle will have to be addressed.
Very careful planning.

Maybe it’s age, maybe it’s a sense of not having achieved my potential, maybe it’s an inner sense that there are things to be achieved, places to be experienced and a life to live?

This has been a joint production by Deep & Meaningful and Philosophy Thursday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Hello - peeking in from Mauel's.... a bit of an oxymoron... "deep & meaningful" written by a male blogger.

Fascinating....

3:34 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Ah, the "sponsor message" was meant to be funny and maybe a touch ironic.

10:13 AM  
Blogger PA said...

ooh - go for it Mud! having said that , I do miss a regular paycheck :(

3:21 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I'll give you an "A+" for use of metaphors.

Oh, and I vote for being the Master of your own destiny... always.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Manuel said...

Sorry some terrible people follow me about...hehehehe

2:15 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

All grist to the mill or something like that Manny.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next