Saturday, August 25, 2007

Put that bloody thing away, will ye?!

This was written on Saturday.....only posting it now.

I was at a family wedding on Friday and was asked to take some photos of the "evening do", so I did. Being a guest meant I got to get drunk as well.

My mental faculties are not functioning so very well today.

I am taking a short break from editing and tweaking the few hundred images I took.

Digital may make life easier but it also makes it more...more...damn. Told you I wasn't 100% today. More pics means more work, that's what I meant to say.

I got home last night and demanded hot food, toast wasn't going to do it for me.

Too late for any of the takeaways.

I proceeded to make a stir fry with noodles. At 1am. Told you I was drunk.

Mrs M asked me nicely to avoid lopping off a digit. I succeeded, thankfully.
Not before I ranted and raved about being perfectly capable etc etc. Whilst I was staggering about the kitchen, of course.

I feel like I have been replaced with a pale, wan replica of myself.

I think I might have a beer later, hair of the dog etc etc.

I did get some great photos though. I'll be getting them made into a little book to give to the happy couple. An extra present, if you will, which they will show to their friends, who being of marrying age will maybe entertain the thought of paying for my services.

Here's hoping.

Back to the edit..............

2 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

Everybody needs to let their hair down now and again...

1:04 PM  
Blogger Manuel said...

everyone needs to keep their fingers on too...
...that's what our chefs always say....

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next