Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Netbook

I read about these little computers and then found out that one in particular could run OS X.
Oooh, I thought, that would be really cool and I could just shove it in my camera bag with a portable drive saving me lugging about my considerably larger laptop.

I bought a Dell Mini 9, a few days before they stopped manufacturing them - obviously not an early adopter, eh?
Still, a very nice little machine running XP at present but 2GB RAM and a 32GB SSD to be installed and then it's OS X here we come.

It is very handy to read the news at breakfast...it's main use so far. Free wifi about the urban areas will be a boon when I am out and about!

The dell outlet have plenty of refurbs on offer (you think I stumped up for a new one? Pah! They even had a 100 quid off offer on which, of course, I took full advantage of.)

Blogging on the move also. Kewl.

2 Comments:

Anonymous nick said...

I'm obviously way behind the times technology-wise. I never go online anywhere away from home unless I can get internet access at a hotel. I quite like leaving the blog behind and thinking of something completely different....

9:16 PM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Nick: I bought it for other things but the option for "blogging on the move" is there, should I ever feel the need.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next