Thursday, February 26, 2009

Memery

Via Nick......

I have: A wonderful relationship with my wife, a sense of wonder about the world and a feeling that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I wish: I could fly (no, really), that I had no need for money, that certain things in my life weren’t so damned difficult and that certain members of my extended family could have perfect health.

I fear: the worst but hope for the best.

I wonder: how bad things will get before people have had enough.

I regret: A few things in my life but nothing that hinders my progress as an evolving human being

I love: My wife and my family, photography, music, cooking, red wine, good beer, malt whisk(e)y, reading and thinking.

I always: Wonder if I could have done it better, look for the good points in people, get disappointed in males of the macho bullshit persuasion as they haven’t evolved past adolescence yet, enjoy good food and good company.

I usually: sit back and watch those around me puff their chests out and laugh inwardly whilst they do it, cook in our house, laugh out loud at things which I find amusing and scratch my head at people who are selfish.

I am not: a fan of sport, a political animal/career ladder climber or a fan of laddishness.

I dance: far too infrequently nowadays though I used to do so on a weekly basis.
I sing: the odd time, not too often.

I never: eat meat, say never, play rugby, juggle, hurt other people to get ahead.

I rarely: get really angry, shout at people, say snide things or fart in public.

I cry: on occasion, last time being the end of Gran Torino (who would have thunk it?)


I need: to get fit, to continue with my plan for growing vegetables in the back garden, the love of my wife, to keep in touch with old friends more often.

I should: Be more positive, more conscientious, care more about those around me and pay more attention to peoples micro expressions so I know when they are lying to me! ( I’m getting better at it)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, a man after my own heart. I detect an extreme aversion to macho posturing and laddishness of all kinds. You'd think it would have died out by now, but it's a long time a-dying. Maybe by the year 3000....

Yes, recognising the signs of lying is very useful. The trouble is, some people are so expert at feigning utter honesty they still fool me.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Nick: I don't think it will ever go away. Some people are truly adept but the involuntary signs cannot be hidden, one has to learn to watch for them. I am a mere novice at this black art.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

Most laudable, you must be a good man (unless your lying). Well done, except for my steak.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Brighid, Hi and nope, no lies.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next