Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poison

Just say no to fluoridation.

I haven't used fluoride toothpaste in over 10 years and have only had one filling needed in that time. I used fluoride toothpaste up until then and have numerous fillings. Not a scientific argument but if I want to use a product with fluoride I can go and purchase it.

I do not want it in my drinking water.

There was a fluoride trial here in NI many years ago and it was let lapse and the area concerned never informed. They were never told as the powers that be thought the people might go public with their indignation.

We in NI are fluoride free at present even though dosing stations were built at many large reservoirs. The one thing added to our drinking water at present, that I do not agree with, is ortho-phosphoric acid. This is only added to ,ahem, protect those householders who have lead pipes. It is supposed to form a coating of lead phosphate on the pipes and thus prevent leaching of lead into the drinking water of the said individuals who have lead pipes leading into their homes. This happens because NIW are responsible for the water as it leaves the tap, even though they aren't responsible for the pipe work inside your property. So our drinking water has an acid added to it to protect the few at the expense of the many. Madness.

Sunday rant over.

I'm back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous nick said...

I've used fluoride toothpaste since way back, but I'm intrigued by what you say about giving it up and needing fewer fillings. I've only had two or three fillings in the last ten years so it's difficult to judge in my own case. The jury still seems to be out on fluoridating water, both sides insist they're right.

The real problem is the number of foods laden with sugar, particularly kids' sweets which are rotting their teeth at a horrifying rate.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Nick: I was brought up using fluoride toothpaste. Having it in toothpaste is one thing but medicating our drinking water? No way, that is that is the action of the nanny state.

We like sugar, sugar tastes good. Parents should take more responsability about what their children are ingesting.

I know you say the jury is still out, maybe. Check out the areas of the planet where they had fluoridated water and fought to have it removed. Interesting reading.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next