Thursday, May 15, 2008

State of flux

You know when life seems to be ticking along nicely and then the proverbial spanner gets jammed in the gearing mechanism?

First I heard a friend had to go get a lump removed.
Big scare and an op for removal. Sorted, one would think.

Oh no.

The cancer has spread to her lymph nodes. Big time scary now.
What do you say to someone in their 30s that is faced with a cancer that has a low survival rate for someone her age?

I really feel for her and her family.

Then, another friend who has been through the cancer nightmare and survived has been hospitalised as her pregnancy is in danger.

There I was last week feeling ill with a chest infection.

I'll have to go off and write a pithy post now to balance this out.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Todd said...

I've been following a blog called The Gap Year [ http://mygapyearat50.blogspot.com] which starts...

I thought I'd give blogging a whirl. I'm about to turn 50, and life is looking good. I've pulled through a major illness, and I'm finally starting to do the things I've wanted to do for years. It's taken me 30 years to get a "gap year" and I'm going to enjoy it.

I'm learning to play the piano, improving my photography and writing for pleasure rather than salary.

Like the song says I've never been to me, and it's about time.



For those who are ill maybe it's the time for them to discover themselves, set new priorities etc

My Da in law had his 1st major cancer op about 18 years ago and a second one about 12 years ago. He's still running about.


I hope everything works out OK.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What shocking news. Life throws these awful things at us when we least expect it. Particularly nasty when someone is so young and presumably still has big plans for the rest of her life.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

d@ve: I wholeheartedly concur.
My mother inlaw was diagnosed with a cancer that had no survival rate when she had it as a child. She survived to live a full life.

Nick: Three kids and big plans for life indeed.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next