Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fancy takeaway food

I tried the new takeaway in Ballymena last night.
It is called Food Affair and bills itself as a gourmet takeaway.

I ordered thai green curry, the vegetarian option. Very nice indeed though the ferocious indigestion it gave me means I will not be ordering it next time.
Damn, it tasted really good too. The portion with steamed rice was enough to do two meals so I had the rest for my lunch today.

There are 5 or 6 options I can go for never mind the side orders.
Mrs M had tiger prawns done with veg and noodles and said it was delicious.
I hear it has a 25 minute wait at the weekends and no phone orders taken.
With this quality of food it'll do really well.
Now all I need is somewhere that does good Indian food and I will be in heaven.

5 Comments:

Blogger Manuel said...

there is a new place on the lisburn road that's doing healthy takeaway food too.....makes me want a burger even more....

12:27 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

I've heard about the one on the Lisburn road, is it called Roly-Poly?
I wouldn'y say that Food Affair advertises itself as healthy though. Gourmet, is the word they use. Tasty stuff. T bone steak to take away? Burger with homemade ketchup? Right up your street I would say.

The kitchen is opne to the ogling eyes of the punters too.

Work that wok baby! Ahem.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

I need a proof reader...and maybe someone with adequate typing skills too.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given the dodgy reputation of Ballymena down here, I'm glad to know it has a great new eaterie! I had that experience recently as well - a delicious vegetarian meal but bad indigestion afterwards. Trouble is I've no idea what ingredient I should have avoided. Maybe it was some weird additive.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

I suppose everywhere outside Belfast is "the sticks" to Belfast residents. I know, I used to be one and grew up on a citybus route.

It's good to have a different takeaway serving good food. There are plenty of eating places but only a couple that are really any good IMO. One really good restaurant called "Upstairs at the Blackstone" , best in Ballymena by far.

My work takes me out round the country and there are some great food places. In the village of Gilford there is a restaurant with a michelin star.
Just makes me want to go and try it.

Wonder what the veggie option is...if there is one...or more?

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next