Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Get your motor runnin'

Instead of going out to purchase a brand new shiny petrol powered lawnmower, at the cost of many pounds indeed, I fixed my electric mower.
Turns out all had happened was that the drive belt had snapped, ten minutes taking the thing to pieces told me that. Two minutes online found a replacement for £5.99 inc. del.

Sorted.

Short grass may well be other folks idea of living correctly, I only do it to blend in.
Utterly pointless. There is a sociology phd in there somewhere.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very enterprising of you. The number of times something's broken down and I've thought Jesus this is going to be expensive, only to realise it's something quite simple like a loose connection. Lateral thinking pays off.

I keep my grass short simply because it looks better than the total jungle of the next door neighbour's lawn. But I do it as little as possible. If I had the cash, I think I'd have it all paved over.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Mudflapgypsy said...

Nick: I thought about renting a sheep but on reflection I realised that it might look a bit dodgy.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Northern Irish bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next